We always strive to invest responsibly while following our investment strategy and our investment approach. We are dedicated to achieving the best possible risk adjusted returns for our investors and we believe that responsible investment is essential in maximizing returns to our LPs.
Therefore, where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities, we commit to the following:
- Integrate ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors in our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Use governance structures that provide appropriate levels of oversight in the areas of audit, risk management, and potential conflicts of interest, and to implement compensation and other policies that align the interests of shareholders and management.
- Work through appropriate governance structures with portfolio companies on ESG issues, with the goal of improving performance and minimizing adverse impacts in these areas.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations in countries in which we invest and benchmark against industry and international best practices to provide a sustainable, safe and healthy workplace.
- Encourage appropriate disclosure of ESG issues by the portfolio companies in which we invest, and review and encourage our portfolio companies to advance their ESG principles consistent with this Policy.
Engagement and ESG Initiatives with Portfolio Companies
We encourage sharing of knowledge and good practices among different companies through leveraging expertise and experience on ESG matters across the portfolio to continuously improve their ESG performance. We offer ESG supports to portfolio companies, such as providing ESG training and advice on ESG management.
Our investment professionals frequently engage with portfolio companies as part of their regular portfolio management responsivities. These engagements are typically strategic in nature and provide additional insights into management quality, business drivers, financial strategy and future business prospects. Our investment professionals, in collaboration with our ESG officer, follow ESG related issues and events, and discuss and review ESG performance in management meetings.
We maintain open dialogue with our Limited Partners and other stakeholders with regard to reporting and disclosure of ESG initiatives and results. In addition, we encourage our portfolio companies to advance ESG principles consistent with our ESG policies, and we collect ESG-related data periodically from portfolio companies.